I scoured the web for a pattern or something to get me started, but no luck, so in I dove... and made this misshapened thing.
So back I went to try again, frustrated, but still obsessed. So I got this.
Now it's only a little better, but considering I'm working in stretchy fabric, it's likely the best I can do. It's sill more silly than I would like, but I think I'll run with it. I forgot to sew in the teeth, so I'll have to find a way to attach them retroactivly. The biggest problem, is that I was focused on just getting something head shaped and not on scale or anything like that. At this scale, however, I'm going to have something 2'-3' long when I'm done. I wanted something much smaller, but oh well. I think I'll run with it. Wish me luck!