first, across the board, no one really seems to want to factory order anything, but that doesn't surprise me terribly from what I read. I still don't understand why that's the way things work, but it is.
liberty 128 mazda:
- first email was "we have mazda5s in stock? when can you come in for a test drive?"
- phoned even though I specified wanting to be contacted by email
- claimed their price would be as goods as the other dealers
- once I finally did get a quote out of them, it was very appoximate and not for the car I wanted.
- verifies some informaiton, such as color preferences and what options are important to me or not
- second email is a straight forward quote, surprisingling low (lower than their news paper ad,) I ask what fees it includes
- next email is a detailed listing of the fees it does include and the fees I can expect to be added in
- the email is very informational, straight forward and very prompt responses
We have a test drive appointment for Monday.
- no response yet
- Very wordy, but contentless emails. Very form letter.
- Claims they will match anyone else's price ("Verification required of course.")
- first real email pressuring for a test drive before giving any actual stock information or quote
ira mazda (these are the people I was hoping to deal with, given internet review ratings):
- Phones, but appologises for doing so because I requested other wise to explain that the person I had been emailing with has been transfered to another dealer and this new person would be handing the account, but it's almost closing, so he just wanted to let me know he'd get me some information on Monday
- misread my email where I said what colors I wanted and claimed they had mazda5s in stock. He didn't seem to notice that I quoted his exact stock to him and wonder why I'd asked for a factory order if I knew what they had.
All and all I'm not pleased, though also not surprised. I used the automated "get quotes" feature from edmunds to contact these dealers. The quirk thing sounds great, but their on line reviews are horrible, so I know I can't let my guard down.
I cleaned out the Saturn today. Wish me luck for Monday.